If you are planning a vacation anytime soon, there is no better destination than a tropical island or beach. A private yacht charter provides the peace and serenity that many are looking for on their getaway, and that can renew your spirit during the respite. Talk with charter companies about yachting vacation options that will give you the break you deserve and be sure to pack a few things that you will definitely need during your time away.
Five things to pack during your vacation aboard a yacht charter are:
- Sun protection. Naturally you will want to keep yourself protected from the tropical rays of the sun during your excursion. Be sure to pack plenty of sunblock, sunglasses, a hat, and even a long-sleeved shirt or cover-up to prevent sun damage.
- Your e-book. If you enjoy relaxing and watching the waves, then you should be sure to bring your e-book during your yacht vacation. There is no better time to catch up on your reading, play your favorite app, or simply tinker around online than when you are drifting at sea on a fabulous yacht. Ask your crew about Wi-Fi connectivity before boarding.
- Vitamin E capsules. Vitamin E is an excellent way to revive burned or dry skin after a day on the water. These are tiny, so they easily will fit in your bag or suitcase, and you simply poke a pinhole in the side of a gel-cap to release the thick vitamin E oil. Use this on burns or wounds for quick healing.
- A mason jar. Bringing a mason jar along on a vacation may seem silly, but if you are headed to tropical beaches, like the Bahamas offers, then you should tuck one in your luggage. This will give you the perfect vessel to bring home shells, stones, and even a small handful of sand from the pristine beaches that you visit during your charter. This is also a great way to engage kids in scavenging the beach for natural treasures to bring home as souvenirs.
- The right shoes. You may notice that many of your yacht crew are on the deck barefoot; this is due to the slippery surface of the wooden deck. Be sure to pack some skid-proof shoes that won't damage the deck, and don't plan to wear heels on the decks outside the yacht's cabin. This will save you from a potential fall, and will prevent any inadvertent damage on the boat's wooden deck.
A trip aboard a private yacht or charter is an exciting way to spend any vacation. The Bahamas, for instance, boast over 700 islands, cays, and islets including the popular port of Nassau, which is home to shops, restaurants, and casinos. However, before you take a Bahama yacht charter (or any other) for an oceanic adventure, be sure to prepare for the journey and pack a few things that you definitely won't want to be without.